Insufficient storage on Blu advance 5.0

A

AC Question

My Blu advance 5.0 has a 4gb internal storage and I put a microsd that has 16gb external storage. the microsd is properly mounted and has all my data on it with 14gb to spare, but when trying install an app an error saying "insufficient storage" pops up. I went to the storage setting and changed everything to download to the sd card, but the error still pops up. I even tried uninstalling apps and reinstalling but it goes straight to internal storage. Any ideas of what may be wrong?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Nothing is wrong. Doesn't matter how big an SD card you have. Apps will install to onboard storage first. The only way officially around this is if you have Android 6.0 and adopt the card as adopted internal storage.

Unofficially you can try root methods.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Any idea how reliable things are when using that app? I'd always be worried about something happening to the card, and if the phone is considering the card its main internal storage, that would probably cause things to crash pretty hard, wouldn't it?

Cursis P

Aug 18, 2018
Visit site
The storage problem really bothered me too. I couldn't figured out why - if I'd moved everything to my SD card - did I still have a storage problem?! Just recently I was poking around in this phone and I saw that EVEN THOUGH I moved my ALL THREE APPS to the SD card they weren't really moved. Only a portion of them are on the SD card. Ex: the local weather app is 48.62mb I THOUGHT it all went to the SD BUT in reality on 8mb did. When I looked at what was on my internal storage it showed the weather app with 40.62mb!! What portion is actually on the sd? I don't know, something utterly useless I imagine. Obviously all the important stuff is on the internal storage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20