Jumbling and multiple sending issues with texting

A

AC Question

I've been having a ton of problems with texting, and they seem to be worsening. Primarily, I have one contact who I text with a lot (iPhone user), and incoming text messages from him are very frequently totally different from what he sent. They come in jumbled and garbled, or half there, or even, recently, with a whole additional sentence added onto the end of what he actually sent. We've compared our threads via screenshots and just setting the phones together, and what is in the texts he sent is completely different from what my phone is showing. I have no idea how many contacts this has been happening with, he's the only person I've sat down to compare screens with. Obviously emjoi's aren't always compatible, but what on earth causes the actual text to get so screwed up?? How do I fix it??

Also having issues where my phone sends the same text 2, 3, or 4 times in a row once sent, what is causing that and can I fix it too?

Initially after the recent update, I discovered that friends in my group text (only 4 of us total) would only occassionally receive my group messages, and that problem seemed to be fixed after turning off the newly-installed advanced messaging option, so I have that turned off. I use AT&T.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC