i have android tablet and i want to open the same excel file on multiple pc's and android tablets at the same time. Between computers i would use the "Share workbook" option under the Review tab to allow access by multiple devices at the same time but when i have that turned on and try to open the file on my android tablet an error message comes up saying "this version of microsoft excel cant open workbooks with: workbook sharing."
    Is what I want possible? If not what are my options?
    05-26-2016 09:58 AM
    It's possible for multiple devices to read the file. It's only possible for multiple devices to write to the file if the file (and the app) supports record-locking - which spreadsheets can't.

Put the file on a cloud account, and multiple devices can download it from there, but only the first one can write to it - and the others have to download it again after it's been written to and re-saved to the cloud. (That's how files work - it has nothing to do with Excel or Android - even mainframes can't have a file open for writing in multiple devices without record or field locking.)
    05-26-2016 04:06 PM