Alarm app "Upcoming alarm" stuck every day

A

AC Question

Hey,

I always use the stock Google Alarm app (Nexus 5X running Android N) and every morning I have 3 or 4 different alarms set on different times to make sure I get up.

However, one of them (not the same one every time) gets stuck in my notifications list.

It says "Upcoming alarm" and has the "Dismiss now" action but whenever I press the dismiss now nothing happens, and this kind of notification can't be dismissed by swiping it away.

Force closing the app from settings doesn't work, not even disabling the app from there.

I tried removing all my alarms but that doesn't help. I'm an Android developer myself and I can imagine the ID of the notification is getting lost or overwritten by my other notifications.

Rebooting is the only thing that makes it go away and if I reboot before the time it's set to (if it still says upcoming..) it gets stuck again.

The second questions is, how do I remove a stuck notification?
I have posted a review on Play Store that says this so they are notified about this problem.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Try entering recovery, is possible on the Nexus, and doing a wipe of the Cache Partition? No data loss will occur. The other option would be to do a full factory reset, as this should surely sort this out.

Sometimes issues like this just can't be explained, or resolved, and factory resets are the only option. Hopefully the Cache Wipe will help.

Keep us posted!

Chris

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski