Hi, 1 week ago I bought my galaxy s7, and now I downloaded walmart app, when I try to scan the Qr code the camera no show nothing, is in black, no scan. I try to open the app whit my tablet samsung and scan and yes! Is working very well the app, I try to download the scanner app, and the app work, but with the walmart app no work, what happens?
    05-27-2016 09:50 AM
    Does the camera work in other apps? (If not, it's a bad camera module.)

Did you install the Walmart app using the S7? (Using a different device to download it can give you the wrong version.)

Are you scanning in a bright light, and allowing the full barcode or QR code to be seen? (If yes, try typing the code in - it works that way too.)
    05-27-2016 10:15 AM
    Yes the camera woks very well with the others scanner apps.
    The walmart app I downloaded from play store on my s7, and I try uninstalling the app but when download again it's the same, not working.
    When I try to scan, I can't see nothing in the screen, normally in the tablet and my old phone, s5 mini, I I cat see the Qr code, like a camera, o see the table, everything, but in s7 nothing!
    Scanner Walmart app not working with Galaxy S7-20160527_104000.jpg
    05-27-2016 10:35 AM
    Scanner Walmart app not working with Galaxy S7-20160527_104817.jpg this is from my s5 mini
    05-27-2016 10:44 AM
    Possibly the app isn't updated to the latest version of Android, or to the S7. Tap where it says "Type Receipt Info" and type it in.
    05-27-2016 01:03 PM
    Yeah,maybe is the last version, I will wait for the update, thanks for help me.
    05-27-2016 03:28 PM
    The same thing is happening with my samsung galaxy S5 so i dont believe it to be an update issue.... i didnt have this issue before but started doing this about 3 months ago . I type them in when using saving catcher but prevents me from using walmart pay altogether funny thing is that any other qr scanner i download functions perfectly... camera works perfectly without any issues it is just that particular app it dislikes so i believe this is a walmart app issue for the majority of the samsung line?
    06-04-2016 10:23 PM
    Mine is doing the exact same thing! It worked for months and then one day, the black screen. I've checked all my settings to make sure it has permission to use the camera and I have uninstalled/installed several times. I can't scan my savings catcher receipts or scan a item for the price. It's just so aggravating for it to malfunction because if I want to look up a price I have to either manually find it on the site or find a in store scanner. Neither of which is great when you've got a cranky 3 year old with you, lol. I have had updates to my phone so it's running the latest system, but it may have been one of those updates that caused it to not work. One of you guys that are way smarter in tech, please help me fix this!
    06-05-2016 09:02 AM
    I've been scanning receipts for over a year now and never had a problems using Note 4, Note 5, Nexus 6 and 3 different iPhones.

However about a week ago it started doing this on my AT&T Note 5. Black screen. Won't do anything Wiped data and reinstalled several times with no luck.
    06-05-2016 08:10 PM
    There is a Walmart Mobile app. Uninstaller old on and installed this one. Solved my problem of camera not working!
    06-10-2016 08:24 AM
    I recently resolved this problem on my wife's LG Ultimate 2 with Kit Kat 4.4.2.
    Since the phone was rooted it is running Xposed. So I downloaded an Xposed module called "App Settings". After activating the module and rebooting, I opened the app and scrolled down to "Walmart" and tapped on it. I then activated the toggle on the top, pushed the "permissions" button, and then switched on the toggle that said "Revoke Permissions". I then scrolled down to "android.permission.CAMERA (take pictures and videos)" and tapped on it. I hit "ok" and then tapped the save button up top.
    After this, I opened the Walmart app and it said that the walmart app had been denied access to the camera. I then went back into the "App Settings" module and repeated the steps above to turn "android.permission.CAMERA (take pictures and videos)" back on! After saving, I reopened the Walmart app and the savings catcher scanner worked once again and so did the bar code scanner in the app!
    03-26-2017 10:16 PM
    I have an Edge 7 and the same thing happened to me also. I did similar thing as previous replier who's wife had the LG phone....First went to app permissions and turned off walmart app permission to use the camera. Then when I went back in walmart pay , it said there was no access to camera. Went back to app settings simply clicked allow permission to use camera, clicked on it and now it works again!
    05-22-2017 06:17 AM