Galaxy S7 photos keep disappearing leaving weird icons

A

AC Question

A few of the photos I've taken come up as usual in Gallery but most are just grey squares with a white photo icon (mountains in a square) in the centre and an exclamation point in the bottom right corner of the mountain icon. Pressing on them does nothing. Doesn't seem to matter whether i use the phone or the sd card to store. Here's the weirdest part. Back in camera mode i can actually see the photo i took down in the preview screen at the bottom. But when i tap it the grey icon pops up. Help! Never had this issue on my S5.

Amanda Henderson

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
A few of the photos I've taken come up as usual in Gallery but most are just grey squares with a white photo icon (mountains in a square) in the centre and an exclamation point in the bottom right corner of the mountain icon. Pressing on them does nothing. Doesn't seem to matter whether i use the phone or the sd card to store. Here's the weirdest part. Back in camera mode i can actually see the photo i took down in the preview screen at the bottom. But when i tap it the grey icon pops up. Help! Never had this issue on my S5.

I know this is no help but i am getting the same thing. Its very annoying and would love to know how to fix it

suelew3162

Nov 2, 2018
Visit site
I know this was posted a long time ago, but I just got an S7 and the it's happening to me too!! Losing pictures is not funny! I get the grey square with the mountains just like you.
Is there a solution?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'll ask you the same thing I asked in 2016 -- are the photos saving to Internal Storage or an SD card? If it's the SD, this kind of thing can happen if the card is corrupt, defective, or counterfeit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma