A few of the photos I've taken come up as usual in Gallery but most are just grey squares with a white photo icon (mountains in a square) in the centre and an exclamation point in the bottom right corner of the mountain icon. Pressing on them does nothing. Doesn't seem to matter whether i use the phone or the sd card to store. Here's the weirdest part. Back in camera mode i can actually see the photo i took down in the preview screen at the bottom. But when i tap it the grey icon pops up. Help! Never had this issue on my S5.
    05-27-2016 05:12 PM
    A few of the photos I've taken come up as usual in Gallery but most are just grey squares with a white photo icon (mountains in a square) in the centre and an exclamation point in the bottom right corner of the mountain icon. Pressing on them does nothing. Doesn't seem to matter whether i use the phone or the sd card to store. Here's the weirdest part. Back in camera mode i can actually see the photo i took down in the preview screen at the bottom. But when i tap it the grey icon pops up. Help! Never had this issue on my S5.
    I know this is no help but i am getting the same thing. Its very annoying and would love to know how to fix it
    10-15-2016 11:45 AM
    This was happening to me on the Note 7 as well but I could still view the pictures if I clicked on one of the ones that showed in the galley and then scrolled through them to the others.
    10-15-2016 03:28 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! This is often related to a corrupt SD card. Are the photos all saved to the SD card or Internal Storage?
    10-15-2016 03:55 PM
    I know this was posted a long time ago, but I just got an S7 and the it's happening to me too!! Losing pictures is not funny! I get the grey square with the mountains just like you.
    Is there a solution?
    11-01-2018 10:55 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'll ask you the same thing I asked in 2016 -- are the photos saving to Internal Storage or an SD card? If it's the SD, this kind of thing can happen if the card is corrupt, defective, or counterfeit.
    11-01-2018 11:50 PM