I have a Samsung Galaxy Core (which has NEVER worked properly since the day I got it and I HATE), and was just given an unlocked iphone 4S.
    Can I use the sim card from the Samsung in the iphone?

If so, how do I transfer all the information from my Samsung Galaxy Core onto the iphone 4S?

Do I have to take the iphone somewhere to have the sim card put in or can I do it? (The phone has been unlocked).

I need detailed directions :-)
    ie. Do I have to back up information first, and if so, how do I do that on the Samsung Galaxy Core?
    Where do I back up information?
    Do I have to back up info and THEN import it/transfer it onto a sim card?
    If so, can someone provide me with detailed, specific steps that I have to follow....( regardless of how detailed the steps are, I can guarantee that with this phone it won't be easy, because NOTHING is! Worst phone I have ever owned in my life!)

Thank you for your help! This site has saved me (more than once!) from completely losing my mind while trying to figure out this Samsung, but I've had enough and it's gotta go!
    I appreciate all suggestions!
    05-29-2016 09:53 AM
    If the card fits you can just put it in the other phone. Your contacts should be on your sim so they will not be lost. Any other info, i think samsung smart switch can work on Apple devices too... look in iTunes. Failing that, send the files to a computer and get them from there to the iPhone. Apps and such won't work obviously as it's a different platform. If you have fb, WhatsApp etc, you will need to install on iPhone from iTunes and all your chats etc should be there.. let us know if you have more specific queries.... happy days
    patti24 likes this.
    05-29-2016 10:02 AM
    Where to start..

If the card fits you can just put it in the other phone. Your contacts should be on your sim so they will not be lost.
    It's been a while since the SIM was a default contact save location. I'm not sure saving contacts to the SIM is even an option on modern smartphones (it isn't on my Nexus 6P or my 2013 Moto X). More likely - the contacts are saved to internal memory or to the synced Google account. Yes, the iPhone 4s and the Galaxy Core (Prime is the only one I found) use the same SIM.

Any other info, i think samsung smart switch can work on Apple devices too... look in iTunes. Failing that, send the files to a computer and get them from there to the iPhone.
    I don't believe Smartswitch works if a Samsung device is not the destination. Similar to Motorola's Migrate, only a Motorola device could be the destination but any device could be the source. This is backed up by the SmartSwitch support page

Apps and such won't work obviously as it's a different platform. If you have fb, WhatsApp etc, you will need to install on iPhone from iTunes and all your chats etc should be there.. let us know if you have more specific queries.... happy days
    Correct that apps won't work, but as long as there is a data connection (preferably WiFi) the phone can access the app store without going through iTunes.
    patti24 likes this.
    05-29-2016 11:34 AM
    Well, i stand corrected then and apologise for leading you up the garden path! I know you can use smart switch to move from iPhone to galaxy so assumed the reverse must be true also. In any case, i got some of it right i guess. There are always so many knowledgeable ppl on here to learn from!
    patti24 likes this.
    05-29-2016 02:12 PM
    It's been a while since the SIM was a default contact save location.
    Actually, about since smartphones. Before that there wasn't much else to save them on until a few phones started using SD cards. (My Motorola V-551, which still works fine, including the original battery, had nowhere but internal [the SIM card] storage for the contact list.)

I'm not sure saving contacts to the SIM is even an option on modern smartphones
    Unfortunately it is on at least Samsungs. Phone and SIM should be deleted and the only save location on an Android should be Google. (And a file, if you want to create one.)

I don't believe Smartswitch works if a Samsung device is not the destination.
    It doesn't - all those programs are manufacturer-specific.
    patti24 likes this.
    05-29-2016 08:36 PM
    Smart Switch gives you the freedom to move your contacts, music, photos, calendar, text messages, device settings and more to your new Galaxy device. Plus, Smart Switch™ helps you find your favorite apps or suggest similar ones on Google Play™.

Who can transfer?
    • Android™ owners
    o Wireless device-to-device transfer
    o Wired transfer from your Android device to your new Galaxy
    • iOS™ owners - use the option that’s best for you:
    o Wired transfer from your iOS device to your Galaxy
    o Import from iCloud™
    - Limited content transfer supported for iOS 9: Contacts, Calendar, Photos, and Videos
    o PC/Mac transfer using iTunes™
    That's from smart switch description....
    05-31-2016 02:21 AM
    Yes. Re-read the iOS section, both statements there indicate transfer FROM iOS devices, not TO iOS devices.
    patti24 likes this.
    05-31-2016 04:53 AM
    It's a simple thing to consider really. Samsung made SmartSwitch. They want iOS users to transfer to Samsung, hence make it easy for iOS users to do so. They do not want Samsung users to transfer to iOS. Hence make it hard for Samsung users to do so. Samsung may be a lot of things, but they're not big enough idiots to make a software to help their enemies take away their customers.
    patti24 likes this.
    05-31-2016 05:16 AM
    Update: September 2017
    Tim1954 and Hallux, Thank you for your input! I was getting overwhelmed, so I ended up taking it into The Source store near me (formerly Radio Shack here in Canada), and the guy spent HOURS transferring everything for me. It was VERY complicated- I never could have done it. He managed to do it though! The iphone 4s worked without problem until it was water damaged recently, so I had to revert to using this Samsung POS until the iphone is fixed. It is still the same... (see my lengthy recent post: Need Help connecting to the network with a Samsung Galaxy Core)....terrible phone. I'm not even going to bother to try and transfer stuff between it and the next iphone- it's not worth the hassle! The guy at the store did it for me for free, but if I had had to pay, it would have been one hefty bill. Thanks for your help.
    09-10-2017 01:00 PM
    Thanks for clarifying all this everyone! I think I actually tried Smart Switch on my own before taking it in to The Source. It didn't work because as stated here, it is for transferring information TO Samsung devices, not FROM. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get the information transferred so I finally gave up. As I mentioned, it took the guy hours of going back and forth, saving things to itunes, icloud, idon'tknowwhereelse ??? lol. It's just frustrating when you have limited knowledge about them, and expect them to work, and then you end up spending hundreds of hours trying to solve problems that MOST people wouldn't encounter. Since this was my first smartphone, I kept thinking it was me, but I am pretty certain that after all this time, and all the techs that have worked on it and can't give me answers that this phone is a lemon. Period. Can't wait to get another iphone!! Thanks again for your help everyone!
    09-10-2017 01:10 PM