HTC Sense Launcher problems after update

A

AC Question

Apologies, I am not very technologically minded, so I will explain this in the simple terms as I understand it. I did a system update on my HTC One last night. Once the update had finished, I was unable to press the home button to select any services. Every time I tried to get to home screen, it flashed up with a message to say there was an error. After becoming frustrated at bring unable to do anything, I realised there was still a web browser open, and I was able to click on that. I managed to install an alternative launcher, and now here we are. I can now at least get to my apps and functions, but the warming still flashes up intermittently. In addition, I am really not keen on the new screen layout etc! Can anyone help? I tried to install HTC Sense from Google Play, but it told me that it wasn't compatible with the version that I was running.

Any help or advice will be gratefully received!

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi and welcome to Android Central. After the software update I suggest you perform a factory reset on your device - this will wipe everything from your phone and start afresh. You can achieve this by going into the settings menu and looking for reset.

You shouldn't need to download a 3rd party launcher for your phone to work, you should be able to use HTC Sense as it was supposed to be.

P.s. if you perform the reset everything will be deleted (unless you have them backed up to Google) make sure you save copies of any images, videos, music you might have onto a laptop or computer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae