The phone keeps defaulting to no notification. In checking notification status or trying to change the notification tone the "unable to play during call" is displayed.
    06-01-2016 02:10 PM
    Hi, did you find a resolution to this? I don't suppose you are on a call when that error message is displayed?
    06-08-2016 04:42 AM
    Hi guys,

This is what is happening:
    1. I call a contact from my contact list
    2. After a while (sometimes right awa, sometimes after several minutes, even hours) the notification sound of some devices goes away. Like for example in viber the notification sound is sooooo quiet that you cannot easily hear it. The alarm for example is only vibrating and produces no sound
    3. At the same time, all the sound volumes are maxed and when I receive a phone call, the phone is ringing (quietly) but it makes sound. The youtube for example is also working. The screen unlock and lock sound can also be heard.
    4. If you go to Settings --> Sounds and vibration --> Ringtone and select a random ringtone, the "Unable to play during call" message pops up and you can do nothing.

Please don't ask me if I am in DND mode, if the volumes are maxed and so on. The sound and phone profiles are fine. There is just a bug somewhere and no one can tell where... BTW, my Android version is 6.0.1 if it matters somehow.
    09-09-2016 01:50 PM
    Did you find any solution for this issue?
    it's driving me crazy on my s6 edge plus running android Marshmallow 6.0.1
    09-20-2016 09:42 AM
    Unfortunatelly no, but what gets me angry is that no one cares about this...
    09-20-2016 09:58 AM
    I have found a way to fix this issue with not being able to play anything or hear sounds.
    After making a call if you do not hang up and let your device hang up for you your cell
    thinks its still on a call. To fix this make a random call to anyone and then press the hang
    up button right away. Problem solved.
    belodion likes this.
    11-18-2016 12:50 PM
    I had exactly the same problem as the one you have described. Restarting the phone did the job for me. It was that simple. My phone is Galaxy S7 Edge running on Android 7.0.
    belodion likes this.
    08-30-2017 03:42 AM
    I have found a way to fix this issue with not being able to play anything or hear sounds.
    After making a call if you do not hang up and let your device hang up for you your cell
    thinks its still on a call. To fix this make a random call to anyone and then press the hang
    up button right away. Problem solved.
    Thank you. I'm sorry that you've received no feedback from those with the problem. It would have been helpful.
    08-30-2017 06:01 AM
    I had exactly the same problem as the one you have described. Restarting the phone did the job for me. It was that simple. My phone is Galaxy S7 Edge running on Android 7.0.
    Thank you. I hope that you receive feedback from those with the problem. It would be helpful.
    08-30-2017 06:02 AM
    I was having the same issue with my S7 Edge. I just restarted the phone and things are back to normal
    11-23-2017 03:12 AM