What is the point of you giving android devices SD External storage?

A

AC Question

As I asked why do you give devices the option for SD external storage when you can't store anything on the SD Card. You say your making it better but your just destroying the whole idea of extra storage through SD Cards unless you destroy your device through third party apps (AKA Rooted) I mean no wonder people get hacked and then you blame the users when you force them to do it because you don't allow it naturally.

I'm just saying my opinion and I'm not trying to offend anyone I would just like to know weather you will eventually fix this. And by fix it I mean make it safer/built in the device like it should be.

My name is Jason and it's a big problem for me because I'm using android Lollypop version 5.1 and I like my games on android and there is no move to SD Card option literally nothing just just clear all data, clear cache, reset to difault and launch.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You can store things on the SD cards, like media files (videos, music, photos), as well as other personal data files. Apps often have the option to use the SD card for data storage as well. And, of course, many devices give you the option to move apps to SD (although this is usually just a portion of the app that is moved, and not all devices support this).

SD cards have always been primarily for media storage. SD cards are not very good for app installation anyway, because read/write speeds are much slower than eMMC, and SD cards in general are much less reliable and prone to corruption. It can be helpful for phones that have very small amounts of Internal Storage, but these days, you can get excellent budget/midrange phones that come with plenty of Internal Storage (i.e., >8 GB).

Remember, we are an independent community forum, and don't have any direct affiliation with Google or any phone manufacturers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol