Everything seems to be working fine other than the screen, the screen of blackness, i tried all the techniques to try to get it to work but nothing, my notification light works as well as the bottom lights, i ordered a replacement screen to do myself, will that help the issue?
    06-03-2016 01:16 PM
    In my estimation there's a good chance you'll be throwing your money away. Read this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=477140
    06-03-2016 03:48 PM
    No No No. Cancel that order. Your digitizer and circuit board is shot. I know how you feel. My s3 just died in much the same way I stepped on it, and it was on the floor (cat most likely knocked it off as kids were at school) and I got the black screen too. I took it to my local phone expert here in the DC suburbs and he said "it's through". I had a Galaxy s2 then s3 over the past 5 years and loved them both. Well, I went to Virgin Mobile and of course the new J7 (pre-paid version of s7) which was of course out of stock, and it was $229. They had another new one called the J3, and it was out of stock too. They wanted $149 for it, and the specs were pretty even with what I had, and it also had a Quad core processor where the s3 had a Dual core. It had 1.5 GHZ of RAM, 16 GB on board RAM, and I added a 16 GB Micro SD card. I have a nice thin but soft TPU cover and a tempered glass screen cover. Then, I added a magnetic car mount that has a suction cup on one end and rare-earth magnets (just means super-strong I think) Then, you take off the TPU cover, the phone cover, and these strong, wafer thin magnets had mega tape on one side and I got them both in the phone, under the cover. So, I get in my car and just slap the phone on the rubber portion with the magnets, and launch AAspeedometer (a Heads Up Display program (HUD). It is the ONLY APP I have ever bought n Google Play and you will not be disappointed. and you can set it up to match your ars displays, set alerts in different colors if you exceed X speed, and even set up a second alert in a more annoying color like flashing orange.
    So, you have to get used to it, but it has a much bigger battery, far better power reserves, and I have grown to like it. The only issue I have is no red and green indicator lights indicating charge status. It does light up though when it is fully charged. I am getting used to it. The screen is longer, not wider...fine with me as I watch metube and Expensflix in the widescreen position. I give it an A- over all. I want 2 gb of RAM in this day and age, but the quad-core processor makes up for it and I never run out of RAM...It's just a tech oriented guy thing. Yeah, buy the J3 if you still iked your s3, and you will be happy.
    06-03-2016 05:49 PM