Samsung Galaxy J3 DUOS (2016) Loss of network signal / Simcard detection error

Elpibe2

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy J3 DUOS (2016)
SM J320F/DSGSMH
SAME IDENTICAL PROBLEMS IN TWO DEVICES (one is mine, one belongs to my wife).

Black: bought 16 April 2016
White: bought 14 May 2016

For both phones holds true:
Phone is encrypted (phone+microSD card) and updated the latest android version.
Simcard/provider: vodafone.de
Simcards are quite new (we got an updated "micro" version to fit the new phone slots)
There is a microSD card (64 and 128 GB) and a 2nd SIM (lebara.de).

Errors:
1) Loss of network signal (with battery drain sometimes)
2) Loss of signal when activating internet connection / No internet connection possible
3) Sometimes: Simcard detection error ("Please insert simcard" message)

Tried solutions:
- Removed the SIM card and cleaned the SIM-tray with compressed air. Re-inserted the SIM.
- Added a small piece of paper to push better the simcard to the contacts in the slot
- Swapped positions between SIM1 slot and SIM2 slot
- Selected "3G only" and not "LTE/3G/2G(auto connect)" in network connection options
- Network operators: swapped from "automatically connect" to a manual connect on vodafone.de
- Wiped Cache Partition after soft reboot

Nothing worked, the problem reappears from time to time.
The only thing that works after "Simcard detection error" or Loss of network signal is rebooting the phone.
Our SIM Cards work well on another device (Huawei G525).

I think it could be a software issue. It is difficult to believe that we have a hardware issue on two different mobile phones...
Any suggestion?
Thanks

Wayne Hughes

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

We have very similar issues with 10 of these handsets. All on EE handsets are encrypted with no micro sd cards.

Our problems are loss of signal with high battery drain this is occuring multiple times a day on all of the handsets. SM-J320FN

margo bibbel

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Subject : Samsung Galaxy J3 DUOS (2016) SM J320A

Dear friend,
I face only the 4G data connection isue, though 4G is appearing on the display, its does not transfer any data, lets say one out of 4 times, when I want to use it.
In about 80% of those cases, besides all you tried which is fruitless, switching back from auto 4G/3G/2G to 3G/2G fixed works, then straight after you can go to auto 4G/3G/2G and have your 4G back.But again even this workaround works only in 80% of such cases.
However setting 3G/2G and leave as such is no solution either . As you will face the same odds as auto 4G/3G/2G in not having a data connection.

So the trick is switch speeds back and forward as a workaround. Luckily, otherwise I would seriously insisted on my money return. But because of that, I really dislike the phone. So for me never ever again a samsung.
I've read horror stories about the update to Marshmallow on the whole Samsung series, people having battery drains, unable to call out, camera , many people claming their money back....can you imagine for weeks not being able to call ? What a phone is it then ?
Thats why they didn't release it on the globe , not near the list for which they intended it. Its indeed not the hardware, who is to blame, many times the in house developped Android OS is the cause. On my old Samsung S Duos GT-S7562 I have overwritten it with a custom (Cyanogen Mod CM11) Android OS. Since then my always lagging Samsung for its first time of his life ran superfast, consuming about half of RAM it used to ! Now I only put my phone at risk because it was already 3,5 years old. But still it proves its not the hardware but the software that comes with it. Why don't they ask Cyanogen to write their stuff instead, they can still sell the phones, but underneath it woud have been developped by smarter people !

My son has a cheap Motorola Moto E (2015/Gen2) of 99,99 euros, according to independant sources it is about 70% more performant despite its humble 1GB of ram (compared to 1,5GB of ram). At least its 4G works excellent, as the GPS does. It has 2 low resolution cams due to its price, but you could meet this with a midrange motorola moto too.
So you can easily match or exceed a Samsung higher end phone, with a cheaper alternative. For my case this was my last Samsung ever, even my kids saw how much better their motorola moto e is. So this accounts for them as well. Their Android OS (as it was on my first smartphone Samsung Galaxy Duos S7562) is crapware, there is no other definition for it.

Last edited:

Rohan Sharma13

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
Hi friends..i am also facing same problem...sometimes network signal completely lost only the way to solve this problem is restarting device..this problem only happens with volte network..please help me how to solve this problem.. my device is new only one week ago..even i have updated with latest version but still facing same problem...device model- samsung j3 2016

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer