I just got this phone and am trying to figure it out.....I'm sure there must be a way to get either ok google or the Moto assist to say the incoming callers name or number and read texts out loud on the phone and in my bluetooth when its connected. I'm just lost in the menu's........my last android phone was many years ago and wasn't near this advanced :-0
    06-04-2016 11:28 AM
    Look for the Moto app on your phone (it should be pre-installed). If it works anything like it does on my 2013 Moto X running Lollipop, there are only certain circumstances that you can set up for the call/text announcement.
    06-04-2016 11:59 AM
    Thanks for the quick and excellent answer Hallux...you guys are so friendly and knowledgeable here I decided to join up! I'm coming off a windows phone....before that I had an LG Thrive with froyo on it. This is only my 3rd smartphone ever, and I think it may be a little too smart for me lol. I'll get it figured out tho with help from this awesome forum. I'm glad I joined up
    Laura Knotek and belodion like this.
    06-04-2016 01:30 PM
    Thanks for the quick and excellent answer Hallux...you guys are so friendly and knowledgeable here I decided to join up! I'm coming off a windows phone....before that I had an LG Thrive with froyo on it. This is only my 3rd smartphone ever, and I think it may be a little too smart for me lol. I'll get it figured out tho with help from this awesome forum. I'm glad I joined up
    Welcome to Android Central. I'm glad you've joined our community.

I also am a former Windows Phone user. I switched to Android last year.

Don't worry. All of us were new at one time, so you'll definitely be smart enough for your phone.
    belodion likes this.
    06-04-2016 01:36 PM
    belodion and Javier P like this.
    06-04-2016 01:37 PM
    Thanks for the warm welcome Laura, I'm going to like it here
    I really liked my original android phone, it was a perfect starter smartphone. My wife wanted the free offline HERE navigation on the windows phones for her business, so she picked us up a couple on sale. I liked the 8.1 os overall, although it was typical microsoft confusing and glitchy, but when they went to W10M they destroyed the phones...it was completely unusable...horrible move on their part.
    They like to take something that works well and break it...that's how they've always operated
    So I decided it was time to come back to android
    My wife will be joining us soon
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-04-2016 01:55 PM
    Thanks for the warm welcome Laura, I'm going to like it here
    I really liked my original android phone, it was a perfect starter smartphone. My wife wanted the free offline HERE navigation on the windows phones for her business, so she picked us up a couple on sale. I liked the 8.1 os overall, although it was typical microsoft confusing and glitchy, but when they went to W10M they destroyed the phones...it was completely unusable...horrible move on their part.
    They like to take something that works well and break it...that's how they've always operated
    So I decided it was time to come back to android
    My wife will be joining us soon
    You're welcome! It's always great to have new folks join us. 😊

What phone is your wife getting?

That's great she will be joining us too.
    06-05-2016 02:41 AM