I have had this problem for about 4 weeks, my home button, volume buttons, soft buttons and power button all stopped working. I cannot turn the screen on in any way, I have tried with the gravity app, but that doesnt seem to work either. I factory reset the phone and it startet to work again for about 1 day then it stopped again. It's a pretty old phone so I dont think it's worth taking it to some store but I was just wondering if there is any way to save it instead of spending money on a new one.
    06-06-2016 12:39 PM
    It's pretty unusual for all the buttons, including the soft-buttons, to go out at the same time. It really doesn't sound like hardware, but then again, if one of the hardware buttons is stuck, it may be disabling the other buttons from being activated. It could also be OS related, but that too doesn't sound totally right since the phone intermittently works. The only thing I can think of is to take it to a repair shop to have them check the hardware, or have the OS reinstalled just in case it's software related. Tough to know which to do. You could also take the phone to your carrier to see if they can have a look at it for you... they should also be able to reflash the phone there.
    When you factory reset the phone, did you also allow your apps to be auto updated/reinstalled? Have you tried starting your phone in Safe mode to see if it's an app causing the issue?
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-06-2016 08:01 PM
    I agree with nahoku. After factory reset make sure to set up as new phone. Don't use the backup. If you did.
    06-06-2016 08:30 PM
    I have tried in safe mode, and it seems there is some kind of dirt in the phone because if I press the buttons rapidly for like 5 minutes it works for about 10 - 20 seconds then stops again...
    06-07-2016 09:31 AM
    I agree with nahoku. After factory reset make sure to set up as new phone. Don't use the backup. If you did.
    Yes, I did it without the backup
    06-07-2016 04:28 PM
    It's pretty unusual for all the buttons, including the soft-buttons, to go out at the same time. It really doesn't sound like hardware, but then again, if one of the hardware buttons is stuck, it may be disabling the other buttons from being activated. It could also be OS related, but that too doesn't sound totally right since the phone intermittently works. The only thing I can think of is to take it to a repair shop to have them check the hardware, or have the OS reinstalled just in case it's software related. Tough to know which to do. You could also take the phone to your carrier to see if they can have a look at it for you... they should also be able to reflash the phone there.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-07-2016 05:02 PM