Root Project

A

AC Question

Looking for help rooting LG Phoenix 2 running Marshmallow 6.0. Fresh out the box, mostly as a learning experiment I wanna eliminate bloat and maximize security.

Only problem is this is the first time I'm trying this, and I can't seem to find the root software required to delete stuff off here. Developer access doesn't let me gain root access, correct me if I'm wrong still a newb.

Any and all advice, links, or app recommendations is super appreciated!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Look on XDA Forums for a root method (for that phone, for Marshmallow, for your carrier - all 3 have to match). Alternatively, you can try to find a way to gain temporary root, then copy su to /system/bin (which is all rooting is). If you can do that, install a root control app, such as SuperSU.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Get did of it - it's probably a joke.

Start reading, so you understand what "obtaining temporary root" means for that phone, then do it and install su. Running software you find in a guide is the same as running an app you find on the internet - you have no idea what it does.

Hydranmenace

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
XDA forums is pretty well known. It's a simple batch file being pushed by adb.exe. LAF is a secure partition that's meant to keep you from fastboot. I came here to throw you a possible lead. Not be insulted. I always do plenty of searching and reading. That's how I found your post. Good luck.

Edubbwatson

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Looking for help rooting LG Phoenix 2 running Marshmallow 6.0. Fresh out the box, mostly as a learning experiment I wanna eliminate bloat and maximize security.

Only problem is this is the first time I'm trying this, and I can't seem to find the root software required to delete stuff off here. Developer access doesn't let me gain root access, correct me if I'm wrong still a newb.

Any and all advice, links, or app recommendations is super appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair