Looking for help rooting LG Phoenix 2 running Marshmallow 6.0. Fresh out the box, mostly as a learning experiment I wanna eliminate bloat and maximize security.

Only problem is this is the first time I'm trying this, and I can't seem to find the root software required to delete stuff off here. Developer access doesn't let me gain root access, correct me if I'm wrong still a newb.

Any and all advice, links, or app recommendations is super appreciated!
    06-08-2016 09:05 PM
    Look on XDA Forums for a root method (for that phone, for Marshmallow, for your carrier - all 3 have to match). Alternatively, you can try to find a way to gain temporary root, then copy su to /system/bin (which is all rooting is). If you can do that, install a root control app, such as SuperSU.
    06-10-2016 04:43 PM
    I have been looking for the same. I went here: [GUIDE] New Root Method for LG Devices | Android Development and Hacking
    and took the risk. Got as far as download mode, but the script running in my command line just said "Hi im LAF, nice to meet you". Not sure what to do after that, if anything.
    07-10-2016 03:24 PM
    Get did of it - it's probably a joke.

Start reading, so you understand what "obtaining temporary root" means for that phone, then do it and install su. Running software you find in a guide is the same as running an app you find on the internet - you have no idea what it does.
    07-10-2016 05:47 PM
    XDA forums is pretty well known. It's a simple batch file being pushed by adb.exe. LAF is a secure partition that's meant to keep you from fastboot. I came here to throw you a possible lead. Not be insulted. I always do plenty of searching and reading. That's how I found your post. Good luck.
    07-10-2016 07:28 PM
    Looking for help rooting LG Phoenix 2 running Marshmallow 6.0. Fresh out the box, mostly as a learning experiment I wanna eliminate bloat and maximize security.

Only problem is this is the first time I'm trying this, and I can't seem to find the root software required to delete stuff off here. Developer access doesn't let me gain root access, correct me if I'm wrong still a newb.

Any and all advice, links, or app recommendations is super appreciated!
    11-07-2016 03:45 AM