Can I cast music from my A/V receiver to speakers wirelessly with CC Audio?

A

AC Question

I recently read an article about using Chromecast Audio devices to build a whole-house audio network, but there was no mention of using an A/V receiver as the audio source. I would like to play music from my extensive stereo CD and LP collection to speaker sets throughout my home with Chromecast Audio devices. Can I connect a Chromecast Audio device to one of my receiver's stereo outputs, and set it up to broadcast to other CC Audio devices connected to active speakers in various locations in my home? Are there separate input and output ports on the CC Audio, are all ports only output, or are the interface ports bi-directional?

MCGozers

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi, yes you can, Connect the CC Audio to the AUX port on your receiver, that should do it.
I'm having a lot of trouble with CC Audio disconnecting, though. 2 songs maybe finish before the casting disconnects.
I've tried 2 different Android phones (One+2 included), Windows 10 with Chrome +extender; using 3 different music players.
Same issue. No solution yet.

Willmo88

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
I recently read an article about using Chromecast Audio devices to build a whole-house audio network, but there was no mention of using an A/V receiver as the audio source. I would like to play music from my extensive stereo CD and LP collection to speaker sets throughout my home with Chromecast Audio devices. Can I connect a Chromecast Audio device to one of my receiver's stereo outputs, and set it up to broadcast to other CC Audio devices connected to active speakers in various locations in my home? Are there separate input and output ports on the CC Audio, are all ports only output, or are the interface ports bi-directional?

Wow, the one reply you got was worthless.... They had no idea what you were taking about. I know what you want to do, I want to do same thing. Haven't figured out how... You find any solutions yet?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Not the output.

As far as I know, the music source needs to be a cast-enabled app/device, thus your collection should be uploaded to something like Google Play Music or a local server running something like Plex.

From there, you'd use the corresponding apps to cast the music to every speaker that has a Chromecast Audio plugged in as an input.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Not the output.

As far as I know, the music source needs to be a cast-enabled app/device, thus your collection should be uploaded to something like Google Play Music or a local server running something like Plex.

From there, you'd use the corresponding apps to cast the music to every speaker that has a Chromecast Audio plugged in as an input.

This is correct. For the OP's original question, the Chromecast can be integrated with a whole-house network, but it can't be the source without files being cast to it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie