My phone got wet. And the Led indicator is on and changing colors

A

AC Question

Well I forgot my phone was in my back pocket and jumped in a pool. The phone could not have been under for more than 10 seconds, when I pulled it out I did not pull the battery out immediately after as a matter of fact I pushed the power and home button checking to see if it was pulled out in time. Because the Led indacator was still flashing green from a message received before 'the incident'. Then I dried it off the best I could and then pulled the battery out and left it to dry for at least 2-4 hours. (The reason it was not placed in rice was because we had no immediately available) After the mentioned time period we put the battery back in and the Led turned on again but it was fading through colors and mixing some of them. (Colors that I remember was Red, Blue, and Green.) It won't turn on but the led is constantly on... If anymore info is required just be sure to ask for it. If you can please put a video with what should be done. If you can't a normal reply is still greatly appreciated.
Thanks for reading!

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I think you already know the answers forthcoming. Unless you can somehow dry out the phone, (which might be too late), it's probably permanently damaged. Water doesn't take very long to flow into any device and 10 seconds is a lot of time. Water damage is tough to troubleshoot because there's no telling what might have been damaged. The only thing you can do now is pull the battery, dunk the phone in some rice (borrow some if you have to), and hope for the best. Sad to say, you might also start thinking of getting a new phone.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm with nahoku on this one.

Edit: it doesn't take long for water to do damage. I don't think the question is if it did damage, it's how much damage did it do?