I am going to be switching over to Android soon, and I need some help. I have always loved how much you can do with an android, and I'm sick of buying iPhones, and I feel like now is a good time to switch. I am stuck in which phone that I should buy.
    I am looking at the HTC 10, Samsung S7, and the One + 3.
    Are these good choices? is there any reason why I should buy one over the others? or any other phones that I should be looking into?
    06-15-2016 08:45 PM
    Well, it's all relative and personal. It's almost a consensus that the 6P is the best Android phone right now, plus no bloatware, pure Android experience and you'll get all system updates before anyone else

If money is not a problem and you're comfortable with that size, materials and specs, just go for it. For example, for me having dual SIM capability is a must.
    Welcome to the forums. They are pretty good choices but it all depends on what you value more in a new phone. Battery, display, size, SD card, sound, price, etc.

I recommend you to create a free account here at Android Central so you can reply in your own threads, and we'll try to help you out.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    06-15-2016 09:03 PM
    I just created it after asking the question haha

Well since coming from an iPhone 6, I feel like all of the options will have better specifications. I'm not really sure where to begin, but I am interested in customization, SD card slots, and better battery. I also like how the One + 3 has a volume mute slide on it. The quality of the screen, audio quality, and picture quality are nice, but don't top my list of "things I need"

Essentially, I'm looking for what other people chose, and any tips that can help me too.
    Javier P likes this.
    06-15-2016 09:42 PM
    Thanks for registering and welcome as a new member! It's too soon to be sure about the OP 3 but all reviews show that it's an excellent phone, great value for money. Personally, if I had to buy a new phone right now this would be my first choice. There are better phones, of course, if you don't mind spending more money, a lot more money I'd say This thread can be very helpful if you are after a ranking.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=687005
    Matt's Phone Rankings - Best Phones as of 6/1/2016
    06-16-2016 04:24 AM
    Wow! Thanks a lot for the help Javier!
    That ranking list helped a lot too. I was also looking at the Nexus 6P, it's #1 on that list, and I love the dual front facing speakers too.
    What if it was the Oneplus 3 vs. the Nexus 6p? would the oneplus still win? or is the Nexus 6p "Dated" now?
    I am due for an update with my carrier, and they have a good price for that one too.
    Javier P likes this.
    06-16-2016 03:17 PM
    Well, it's all relative and personal. It's almost a consensus that the 6P is the best Android phone right now, plus no bloatware, pure Android experience and you'll get all system updates before anyone else

If money is not a problem and you're comfortable with that size, materials and specs, just go for it. For example, for me having dual SIM capability is a must.
    Golfdriver97 and Zigzagoon like this.
    06-17-2016 09:02 AM
    Wow! Thanks a lot for the help Javier!
    That ranking list helped a lot too. I was also looking at the Nexus 6P, it's #1 on that list, and I love the dual front facing speakers too.
    What if it was the Oneplus 3 vs. the Nexus 6p? would the oneplus still win? or is the Nexus 6p "Dated" now?
    I am due for an update with my carrier, and they have a good price for that one too.
    The 1+3 does look like a nice phone. I think I would still pick the Nexus as any software support will most likely be faster than 1+.
    06-17-2016 09:24 AM
    That is a good point. One thing I will give Apple, is that their updates are consistent and customer support is pretty decent too.

I hear that Oxygen OS from 1+ is really nice to use, but I'm not used to any android software so I'm not sure haha
    I also hear that the Snapdragon 810 heats up really quick, and the 820 doesn't.
    I am also looking at the 1+3 now and it's going to be $512 (Can), while I can pick up a Nexus 6p for $420
    06-17-2016 04:17 PM
    That is a good point. One thing I will give Apple, is that their updates are consistent and customer support is pretty decent too.

I hear that Oxygen OS from 1+ is really nice to use, but I'm not used to any android software so I'm not sure haha
    I also hear that the Snapdragon 810 heats up really quick, and the 820 doesn't.
    I am also looking at the 1+3 now and it's going to be $512 (Can), while I can pick up a Nexus 6p for $420
    To be fair, you are comparing last year's hardware to this year's.
    06-17-2016 04:30 PM
    Well yes, that is true. I just read some other posts saying that it was "a big issue" and some people said that it bothered them. I'm not really planning on doing a crazy amount of things with the phone that I get, so I hope that I don't have "phone heat" as an issue hahaha. I'm really just looking to have a solid android phone to transfer to from Apple, and really just want to enjoy the phone I own again.

I'm thinking of the Nexus 6p, 1+3, and HTC 10 as the best bets for me right now. all have good reviews, and very little complaints.
    I am probably going to with the Nexus 6p, because of the help both of you guys gave me.
    Thanks a lot guys!
    06-17-2016 04:44 PM
    Well yes, that is true. I just read some other posts saying that it was "a big issue" and some people said that it bothered them. I'm not really planning on doing a crazy amount of things with the phone that I get, so I hope that I don't have "phone heat" as an issue hahaha. I'm really just looking to have a solid android phone to transfer to from Apple, and really just want to enjoy the phone I own again.

I'm thinking of the Nexus 6p, 1+3, and HTC 10 as the best bets for me right now. all have good reviews, and very little complaints.
    I am probably going to with the Nexus 6p, because of the help both of you guys gave me.
    Thanks a lot guys!
    There were also different generations of the 810. The 6p got the second one that had addressed some of the heating issues.

I think either of the three choices will be a very good phone; there won't be very much to be a drawback either way.
    06-17-2016 07:49 PM