Since i updated to the latest software update 6/3/2016 my phone continues to reboot when i receive calls. I notice if i turn the bluetooth off the calls go through without reboot.
    This is great except i do a lot of driving and use the bluetooth quite a bit. Is anyone else having this issue?
    06-16-2016 09:18 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try wiping the cache partition: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10404
    06-16-2016 05:49 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try wiping the cache partition: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10404
    Hi after last android upgrade to 6.0.1
    Issues : phone(samsung galaxy s5) is slower and if I get a call it restarts automaticly after approx 2-3sec........

phone seems to work in any other way, browsing, playing and making phonecalls its just if someone calls me 😣
    Tried wiping the cache it did not help

Need help
    07-17-2016 04:44 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this also happen in Safe Mode? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10696

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears.
    07-17-2016 04:57 PM
    Tried safe mode but that does not help, instantly restarts 😢
    07-18-2016 08:06 AM
    Ok after doing some research I have found that this MAY be an issue with a bad update, and that possibly a factory reset can fix it. Now this is extreme and time consuming, BUT may be what you need to do. Rest assure all your data should be safely in the google cloud providing you have been using your google account (which it's almost impossible not to). Your apps will all restore, but you might need to reconfigure a setting or do, AND its going to take a little time for your device to recover. That it it will be slow for a day or 2 as your apps download to it. PLEASE be near wifi while your apps are downloading to avoid data charges!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-18-2016 08:16 AM
    Would expect a fix to be issued ?
    07-18-2016 01:54 PM
    Would expect a fix to be issued ?
    It's possible you could try contacting Samsung about it here....

Mobile Phones | Official Samsung Support
    07-18-2016 02:05 PM
    Another possibility to consider is that the firmware became corrupted after (or during) the update, so you could try using Samsung Smart Switch to reinstall the firmware.

I agree with pkcable about most of your data syncing to your Google account, but it's important to check around and make sure all of your data is in fact backed up or synced somewhere. If you use a lot of Samsung apps (like S Memo), then data associated with them usually doesn't sync with Google. It might backup or sync to your Samsung account, but you have to make sure you have it set to do that. In addition, there might be certain apps that only save data locally, and that data will be lost with a factory reset if you don't manually back it up somewhere.
    pkcable likes this.
    07-18-2016 04:35 PM
    I'm experience the same issue

Upgrade to 6.0.1 on my Samsung Galaxy s5 and phone keeps rebooting when receive incoming calls

Any help ?
    07-25-2016 03:41 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you already tried what's been discussed in this thread (i.e., Safe Mode and a cache partition wipe)?
    07-25-2016 06:28 PM
    I had the same issue, but it wasn't happening on all calls. I discovered if I updated the contacts and removed the 'Favorite' starred status the calls come through just fine. Don't know if it will help anyone else but thought I would put it out there.
    B. Diddy and pkcable like this.
    07-26-2016 06:43 AM
    Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for the tip!
    pkcable likes this.
    07-26-2016 12:18 PM
    Same issue, though curiously not when receiving calls, but when I use the *Timer* app. Instead of an audio signal when the timer elapses, I get an instant reboot. Reproducible every time.

I haven't tried clearing the cache yet, as I don't feel comfortable with hacks like that and would like to wait a little longer. Hopefully Samsung does something about this. I mean, it's crazy to think that a simple App as the Timer can tear down the entire operating system... it doesn't reflect well on Android 6.0.
    09-04-2016 06:16 PM
    I haven't tried clearing the cache yet, as I don't feel comfortable with hacks like that and would like to wait a little longer.
    Welcome to Android Central! Wiping the cache partition is very safe--it's only temporary data that is cleared out. The only thing you have to be sure of is not to select Wipe Data instead of Wipe Cache Partition, but even if you did, it would ask you if you're sure about wiping the data.
    09-04-2016 06:53 PM
    I know the S5 is old now but cant afford to update it. My phone restarts almost everytime I make a call or receive a call. However if I'm in an app and open the call through the speaker phone it works. If i manage to get a call to work the speaker doesn't work and my phone has to be on loudspeaker. I've done a factory reset and a firmware reinstall through samsung smartswitch but still having the same issue. Anyone got another tip or should I just accept my phones dead
    05-23-2017 12:29 PM
    Change the ear speaker your problem will be solved. done.
    02-13-2018 12:27 PM