What is wrong with my new tablet?

Serendipity861

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi all. I am new to this site and new to android all together. I have never had a touchscreen phone before, and I just got my first tablet today. I got a 'PolaTab 10.6'' as an early birthday present, delivered direct from Amazon UK. All seemed good with it at first, running smoothly, downloading quickly etc. I used it for about 4-5 hours and I noticed it was very hot at the top but cool at the bottom. I had it on charge (at the mains) and was playing with it on charge for 2-3 hours, and then suddenly it stopped charging (at around 74/75%) and wouldn't charge any more. It is currently turned off for a bit to see if it makes any difference. My questions are:
1. Is it normal for a tablet to get so hot?
2. Is it okay to be using the tablet whilst it is on charge?
3. What could cause a brand new tablet to suddenly stop charging?
Sorry if any of these questions sound stupid, but I have never had any kind of android or touchscreen device before, and obviously I am very worried about it stopping charging, esp as it is brand new and was a birthday present.
Thank you for any advice/input.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
How hot is the battery and cpu getting? Post an actual temperature, because very hot is vague.

In general you can use a tablet while charging but some tablets may have poor charging mechanism which can cause the device to get hot.

Charging and using cpu intensive apps can cause a device to get hot

Serendipity861

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Okay thank you, I will look in to those. I am thinking it is just an issue with the charger cos my boyfriend lent me his tablet charger and that doesn't seem to be having any issues charging at the moment xD

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae