Forgotten back up password on S6 - can't unlock phone

Faintjo2

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

On Monday, about a week after putting the new android update on, i was randomly forced to change my back up password (i use fingerprint usually) to unlock my phone. As i was needing to make an urgent and important call, i changed it and in my haste, clearly haven't remembered what i used. I've tried various combinations and locked the phone to every hour and will continue trying (done about 8 so far).

Google android device manager won't work apparently to unlock it as i have both fingerprint and password on it (i've tried), i also don't appear to have a samsung account. I didn't set up the phone, the mobile provider did it all in store and i just let them get on with it. I have since set one up but as location isn't on my phone, i can't finish the set up.

I've rung samsung and they've told me there are no options bar factory reset (in which i lose my 3,500 photo's of my kids) and i am distraught at the prospect.

I find it hard to believe that there is nothing else that you can do - can anyone help me please?

Thank you

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, there is nothing else you can do if you can't remember the password and failed to set up the phone properly. These features are designed as a security feature and if hackable would defeat their purchase. I'm afraid you have to accept that this was your responsibility. You are not alone. Many come here having lost access to valuable data with requests for help. There is a chance, of you reset and root the phone that you may be able to recover data but some devices are carrier locked and can't be rooted. You also have the risk of bricking the device.