Why has the touch response stopped after on quick dip in the ocean?

A

AC Question

My 8 day old Samsung S7 ACTIVE and I took a couple waves to capture some video, just waist high surf and then a couple of selfies on the beach, and that was it. I got home about 30 minutes later, I sent a text then thought it would be good to rinse off any salt water, wiped it off then placed the phone on the wireless charger. About 45 minutes later I attempted to open it, pressed the On/Off button to activate the screen and swipe... Swipe again... And again, and it timed out and went to sleep. I repeated this over and over for the next 90 minutes then took it to the AT&T store, once there I just happen get a call right when a representative assisted me and he was unable to open it too. He showed me how to restart without using the swipe screen option and even that didn't work, so now I am to visit the replacement center, so disappointed!!

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your phone, but with your explanation of what happened, Samsung may deny warranty. Here's a Samsung PDF for the IP68 rating for the S7 and S7 Edge. I couldn't find one for the Active, so you might want to search Google for it, or refer to your manual. I have a feeling since the Active has the same IP68 rating, the conditions would be similar. Note that Samsung specifically mentions "water moving with force, such as water running from a tap, and ocean waves". They also talk about rinsing the phone in "still" water. I surely hope you can get a replacement.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...sung.com%2Fau%2Fpdf%2FIP68.pdf&token=EW3h3zMg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20