Google Maps blue location dot does have blue arrow showing the direction

A

AC Question

Hi, I have a brand new Samsung Galaxy J7 running stock Android 5.1.1.

There is a problem with the Google Maps app. It shows the blue location dot nicely but around it there is no blue arrow that normally would be showing which direction the device is pointing to.

I've tried clearing the cache, changing the language to the one with different character set and back to English and still no luck.

Would you know what can be done in this case?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Google maps only shows the arrow when you are in navigation mode. If you are only viewing the map then it will not the arrow.
This isn't true, unless the J7 has serious limitations with Maps. Normally, if you turn on Location and have a Wifi or Data connection, and open the Maps app, once your location is identified, the arrow will turn in whatever direction you point your phone to. You could be standing outside your house and it should still work.

OP... I don't know what would be causing your issue. Do you have any other Maps/Navigation apps installed? Have you tried starting your phone in Safe Mode to see if it makes any difference? Have you cleared the Maps application data... I know you already cleared the application cache.

Safe mode...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1K2N8YwsNQ