Does anyone know if Google is working on allowing change of your phone's DPI without root?!

ro_bro

Dec 21, 2009
sprintherotips.blogspot.com
I want to usually make my stuff smaller so I can see more things than what is delivered via stock. But when I root, I lose Android Pay!

Does anyone have any inside scoop on if Google will allow us to change something as simple as DPI to be a settings feature instead of done via root and build.prop change?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I want to usually make my stuff smaller so I can see more things than what is delivered via stock. But when I root, I lose Android Pay!

Does anyone have any inside scoop on if Google will allow us to change something as simple as DPI to be a settings feature instead of done via root and build.prop change?

Welcome to Android Central!

Give this guide below a try. I have used on several phones and can confirm it works on Samsung and LG phones.

How to change the DPI of an Android device without root

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm about to play with this on my Note 5. If you just type in: 'adb shell wm density' adb will read the current dpi setting.

Edit: I just changed mine from 560 to 500. Looks good, and it doesn't seem to make anything go wacky.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc