Messages not sent - can't get rid of the message.

A

AC Question

I attempted to send a text to somebody two times and neither time did it go through. A few minutes later I see an icon of an exclamation mark at the top of the screen. When I swipe down it says that 2 messages couldn't be sent. I deleted the message thread it was referring to and can't get rid of the stupid icon. I even rebooted the the phone to no avail. It's driving me crazy.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, this is odd. Is this stock SMS, or a texting app like Textra? See if the messaging app in question needs to be updated - just a guess. But if rebooting your device doesn't fix it, maybe try turning your network connections off and then on again. And texting other contacts works fine?

Posted via the Android Central App

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
This is very strange. What kind of phone do you have? I would suggest maybe downloading another texting app and see if you run into the same issue - just as a test.

Posted via the Android Central App

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm using a Moto X Pure, I may be misunderstanding the question, but can't you just pull down the notifications and hold and swipe the text notification to the right? My notifications for some things stay too until I remove them like I described, they never come back :)

mnshutterbug

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm using a Moto X Pure, I may be misunderstanding the question, but can't you just pull down the notifications and hold and swipe the text notification to the right? My notifications for some things stay too until I remove them like I described, they never come back :)

Never heard of that method. If it comes back, I'll give it a shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37