Samsung Gear S2 battery drain with Bluetooth on paired with HTC10

A

AC Question

Since i switched to HTC10 (from S6) and the battery drains in under 4 hours. Disconnecting the BT then it could last 1-2 days.
There is a real problem that even samsung service center wasn't able to resolve. Anyone facing similar issues?
Nice to buy a watch that needs a samsung phone but if thats the case then lesson learned with Samsung.

enigmato

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Which device is draining in 4 hours the HTC10 or the S2? One way to check why or what's draining is to turn off all connections and use the device simply as a stand-alone device (either your HTC or the S2). In your case if its the wearable try what I did described below. If its the phone just shut the wearable down (turn it off) and see how your battery lasts.

My Note 4, when all services except for phone are turned off and using only the stored apps and stored data on my device, in this disconnected mode will last 3 days (including phone calls and text messages).

My Gear S2 classic with everything turned off and used as a stand-alone watch+(minimal s-health settings) will last a full 2 days.

I did notice the syncing with my phone drained my phone battery more than my wearables battery, which I'm still researching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs