After latest update, where did grayscale mode go?

A

AC Question

I just updated my Galaxy S5 a couple of days ago. Now I cannot seem to find grayscale mode anywhere.

Please fix. I like grayscale as an option to extend battery life.

Software version: G900PVPS3CPE2

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
I made an account, so that I could reply.

Before this update, there was an option within "Ultra Power Saving mode options menu" where you could simply put your phone in Grayscale without putting it in Ultra Power Saving mode.

I do not see this anymore.

Kupiko

May 5, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue. Before the update when using 'power saving' and not 'ultra power saving' there was an option to use grayscale.
Does anyone know if this option was put somewhere else or is it gone for good?
Or is there any way to return to previous version?
Thanks.

ButchGibson

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi - what is grayscale mode? do you mean ultra power saving mode, as I believe that should still be there.
Not trying to be a jerk but how do you do that? Ask what something is and then suggest that it is still there?
Grayscale was an option that was available in power saving mode (see attached screen shots) that now only seems to be available in ULTRA power saving mode after a recent 2016 update for the Galaxy S5 (at least on Sprint). Burying this option in ULTRA power saving mode has been most inconvenient because of the lack of additional features and options available when using the phone in this way. Normal power saving mode still allowed the phone to be used with most if not all of it's features and options available and greyscale was just an optional setting. Now, not so much.

Galaxy-S5-Power-Saving-Mode.jpg

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Not trying to be a jerk but how do you do that? Ask what something is and then suggest that it is still there?

I suspect that what the tall guy - who is busy decorating at the moment - meant was that the Ultra Power Saving mode should still be present, rather than any grayscale feature within that mode.
Some phones have grayscale as a part of power-saving, others have it as an option in Accessibility, as Javier P suggests.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007