Why is there a delay between someone leaving a voicemail and my phone receiving it?

A

AC Question

I have a brand new Galaxy S7 and so far I have had nothing but problems. First, the "OK Google" wouldn't work. I would tap the microphone, dictate something, and nothing would happen. I returned it to Best Buy and received a new S7. With the new phone, again, the "OK Google" still didn't work. The General Manger at Best Buy downloaded Google Now Launcher and the problem was solved; however, when I got home, I noticed that I no longer was receiving badge notifications for Phone Calls, Voice Mail, and Text Messages. This is unacceptable, so I uninstalled Google Now Launcher. My next attempt was to install Nova Launcher, Nova Prime, and Tesla Unread. Now, the problem seems to be solved, as "OK Google" is working and I am receiving badge notifications.

But I still have one problem: I am not receiving voice mails and voice mail notifications in a timely manner. There is a delay, sometimes a long one, between when someone leaves me a voice mail and when I receive it. I just left myself a voicemail from a land-line a half an hour ago and I still have not received it on my S7. Does anyone else have this problem and/or does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Isn't voice mail a network related feature as opposed to something related to the phone? The voice messages are stored on carrier network servers and pulled only when it's already available there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance