I have a brand new Galaxy S7 and so far I have had nothing but problems. First, the "OK Google" wouldn't work. I would tap the microphone, dictate something, and nothing would happen. I returned it to Best Buy and received a new S7. With the new phone, again, the "OK Google" still didn't work. The General Manger at Best Buy downloaded Google Now Launcher and the problem was solved; however, when I got home, I noticed that I no longer was receiving badge notifications for Phone Calls, Voice Mail, and Text Messages. This is unacceptable, so I uninstalled Google Now Launcher. My next attempt was to install Nova Launcher, Nova Prime, and Tesla Unread. Now, the problem seems to be solved, as "OK Google" is working and I am receiving badge notifications.

But I still have one problem: I am not receiving voice mails and voice mail notifications in a timely manner. There is a delay, sometimes a long one, between when someone leaves me a voice mail and when I receive it. I just left myself a voicemail from a land-line a half an hour ago and I still have not received it on my S7. Does anyone else have this problem and/or does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!
    06-26-2016 09:48 AM
    Isn't voice mail a network related feature as opposed to something related to the phone? The voice messages are stored on carrier network servers and pulled only when it's already available there.
    06-26-2016 09:57 AM
    I do not know too much about how voice mails work. So, your explanation makes sense to me - does this mean there is nothing you can do about the delay in getting voicemails?
    06-26-2016 11:36 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'd discuss this with your carrier--they'd probably be able to answer that question better than we can.
    06-26-2016 10:16 PM