I was given the C6745 and it has a few issues which I expected as it's used. It's slow to swipe command, tap to open apps lags and I'm fairly new to the Android world. I've seen posts on rooting and resetting phones to resolve issues. I'm not sure what the difference is. There is nothing on the phone that I couldn't live without. Since the phone is used, it didn't come with the manual. I've searched online for one, but no success yet. If I find the manual, the download wont complete and simply opening it online doesn't seem to be an option.

So...To root or reset...that is the question. AND...I do have a google account but I do not have it listed as a device yet...Is that necessary?

Any input is greatly appreciated.
    06-26-2016 06:18 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Rooting won't do much in this case. Rooting grants superuser status, and thus allows you to do things like delete preinstalled bloatware or system apps (which must be done with caution). I would do a factory reset. But before you do, go to Settings>Accounts and make sure the previous owner's Google account has been removed. If it's on Lollipop, it probably has Factory Reset Protection, which will ask you to enter that Google account information after the factory reset if you don't remove the account first.
    06-26-2016 09:24 PM
    The user who originally replied is correct, everything you need is in the Settings. Delete all Accounts, find factory reset, click it.

You will not root this phone. I've been trying to root mine for months, and it seems no one has been successful besides a few hit and miss Kingo root tries, but they are temporary. However if you root the ***** let me know how!!
    10-26-2016 01:03 AM