How can I fix apps, stuck on moving to SD card?

alexandrew74

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
I have Alcatel 5054D with a nonrooted Lollipop (5.1.1) on board. I tried to move some apps to SDcard by pressing "Move to SDcard". Some of these apps moved successfully and some stuck in "Moving" state. Uninstall button also stays inactive like the moving process is still working. I tried to reinstall these stuck apps, but they still show "Moving" instead of "Move to SDcard/telephone". Clearing cache, wiping /cache, switching default storage in both ways and rebooting the phone doesn't help either. I do not understand if apps are still in the phone memory or on the card.

Link2Sd doesn't work on non-rooted phones, it simply opens system app window.

Any suggestions?

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
First, all apps are still on the phone, and they always will be. App 2 sd only moves a portion of the data to the sd card. Normally a larger amount stays on the device side.

Power device off then back on. This should clear up your handing issue. Apps that successfully moved will say move to phone (internal) storage. If it says move to SD then it didn't move. Pretty straight forward.

Now, if you go to try and move more apps to the sd card, do one app at a time, and wait for it to finish before going to the next app.