Recovering lost data on Galaxy Note 4?...

A

AC Question

My Note 4 recently decided to **** it's pants and factory reset itself after a while of functioning extremely poorly with a series of soft resets and lagging.
I had no chance of backing up my precious media before this happened. Despite always knowing I needed some cloud/backup for safe measures; I could never find one that worked for me.
I've come to terms with it having factory reset itself, though I still NEED those pictures/videos. As they were necessary for not only my work; but of personal value.
My question is does anyone know any NON sketchy android data recovery tools? I've tried a few, none worked. The rest need me to root my device for a small chance it will recover my things. Which just isn't going to happen. (and they cost money... which isn't ideal)
Unless, anyone here (who's not spam) can recommend me tools they've used before and know work.

I had a hypothesis that maybe there's a way that I could view and save files I've opened with my comp before? I have opened my pictures through USB connection, though never saved it. It's a long shot for sure, but if you perhaps know a way to opened recently viewed, but non-safed media, that'd be all I need.