My Xperia Z3 fell in water and now it's not working...

A

AC Question

It fell in a swimming pool, but only for a few seconds and maybe half a meter below the water, because I managed to grab it. It worked for a bit and then everything stopped. I powered it on again (I think that was a big mistake) and only the touch didn't work properly, display was OK. So I put it in rice for like 4-5 days, checked it every night to see how it's doing and today it finally worked. Sadly some part of the touch screen doesn't recognize any input, the bottom of the screen has got something like a backlight bleed, the speakers buzz when the screen is on, the display constantly blinks and now suddenly the brightness is WAY lower than before. That sucks, because I had every plug closed, like I double checked it. What should I do? Should I leave it in the rice for a couple more days, is there any hope? Or is it busted? Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. If there's a water leak, it can happen in a fraction of a second. By the time you realize that the phone fell, the damage is done.

2. Putting a wet phone into rice is like ... putting a broken arm into rice. You're doing something, it's just not the right thing.

Consider the phone a goner (you can buy a gently used phone for less than the cost of repairing this one). And buy a lot of sealable plastic bags.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463