Virus in the form of a home launcher, help!

A

AC Question

I have been trying to delete this, I went to the apps, and tried disabling it and it's grayed out, I even went into home and see the virus there. I cannot delete it though, is there anymore ways I can delete this?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. What's the name of this launcher/virus? You could try this. Boot into safe mode (the instructions will vary depending on your device), go to settings - security - device administrators, uncheck this app from the list and then try to uninstall it again. Tell us how it goes.

WrathInfinity

Jul 2, 2016
Visit site
Hey javier, I just made an account and OP was me. I already went into settings, security and then device administrators but I only saw these ones. Android Device Manger, and 360 Security. Here's a picture.Screenshot_2016-07-02-14-39-31.png

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey, thanks for signing in! What device do you have? Have you already tried safe mode as I said before? This process will temporarily disable any third party app and it could make uninstalling any app much easier.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Why do you think there is a virus? Launcher3 is the stock launcher that comes bundled with Android... Some OEMs remove it and replace it with their own.

The other two entries are system processes, not sure why they are in the Home list.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I agree with this. Maybe all those pop ups are coming from a completely different app. You could try running safe mode for a while and see if you get those ads.

Suli niv

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem. It started a few months ago, malware ads on my home screen and other apps where it shouldn't be. I downloaded the two highest expert rated virus scanners, eset and ahn or something. Surprise, surprise...both were the only two to find a virus and they both said it was launcher3 and that the system launcher was causing malware ads. I tried a full factory reset but didn't work. Best try would be to somehow uninstall launcher3 for a different one or. USB debugg your phone and save all your files from phone onto Linux which will pick up all the viruses, then do a fact reset on phone and upload it back. I also need help on this issue as I have not fixed it, nobody seems to understand my problem :(...

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi, Just notice this tread and it seems nobody told you to check connected apps in (G ) under settings. There you may find apps or websites you may have forgotten that you linked your device to. Check there and delete any apps. There you may find the culprit of your issue if you haven't already figured it out yet.

The Leap

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
This is the only working solution i found.

Download & install noroot firewall.

Setup the vpn using noroot firewall. Now.... prevent the launcher app from connecting to internet.... by clicking "deny" option for the launcher... in the noroot firewall app.

No internet for the launcher - cant download ads & unwanted apps - so... cant do any thing (iam talking about the app).

This is what you can do.

volcanic6823

Mar 6, 2018
Visit site
The most acceptable solution in this sitiation is to delete your antivirus. It is not a trojan, its the stock launcher for android. Antiviruses with names like "360 Total Antivirus" are mostly scams and dont work.

Ryan Madrigga

Apr 25, 2018
Visit site
I have the same thing. For me it's the factory launcher that came with my phone I have a vkworld S8 it's not bad phone. Cheap price but I'd put another launcher on cuz I didn't like the UI the other one and it keeps booting the other launcher off changing the wallpapers making apps not work and then when I root it the phone and put on twrp to be able to delete system files. Went through every file on the phone and exsd. Found a few location where it was sitting got rid of it.....so I thought.

Hugh Freebairn

Sep 19, 2018
Visit site
This is the only working solution i found.

Download & install noroot firewall.

Setup the vpn using noroot firewall. Now.... prevent the launcher app from connecting to internet.... by clicking "deny" option for the launcher... in the noroot firewall app.

No internet for the launcher - cant download ads & unwanted apps - so... cant do any thing (iam talking about the app).

This is what you can do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital