Galaxy s5 sleep of death

A

AC Question

Hi.

I have a samsung galaxy s5 and i noticed a sleep of death bug. I already have restored the phone to factory settings. This week, i put my mom's sim card on my phone and i didnt use (only sometimes, to check the insta or facebook and just for to check if the SOD ocurred) and the SOD not ocurred. So, i have concluded the problem is in the sim card. Yesterday, i bought a new one. I was in the mall, in the afternoon, so i hardly used the phone, just to check the bug and, again, not ocurred. But, when i came home and started to use my S5, one or two hours after, SOD appeared. Today, in the morning, while i didnt used my phone, only to send some messages and check facebook a little, SOD didnt show up.

So i was thinking it could be something related to the battery, because of continuous use. Can anyone help?

LCBrr

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Before replacing sim card always ocurred, no matter what or when. While i was using my mom's sim card never ocurred. And no, the battery looks ok, normal, anything diffent.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Before replacing sim card always ocurred, no matter what or when. While i was using my mom's sim card never ocurred. And no, the battery looks ok, normal, anything diffent.
Welcome as a new member. :)

It's difficult to judge to cause of the trouble, but it could indeed be a failing battery.
Also, if you are using an SD card, that may be causing trouble.
It may also be worth trying Safe Mode, to test whether a third-party app is causing trouble. I think it's unlikely, but it costs nothing to try.

LCBrr

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Thaanks!

So, iv tried everything: remove SD card, start in safe mode...and SOD persists.
What I realized is that since I changed the chip, sod only occurs when using the phone for a long time ( one to two hours continuously)

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
SODs are almost always a problem with the kernel software, and they tend to not happen in stock phones... Usually they hit on custom kernels. If they occur with the stock stuff, that's troubling.

You might have to reload the factory image to clean up the system software.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean download an original android image? I mean, "original" android system which its not that who comes with the phone?

Well, whatever system image is the most current for your particular model. I'll go dig up the guide.. here

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...amsung-emergency-recovering-samsung-kies.html

Basically what you will do is get the full, up to date, factory image for your version of the S5, load it with a software tool. This will COMPLETELY wipe the phone and reload the pristine factory image. When you do a factory reset on the phone, it's only erasing the user data... so if there is a problem with the system software, that reset isn't going to fix it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn