lg stylo 2 plus messaging not working

A

AC Question

default app not loading correctly. no fc. tried to fc, update, and install google messenger(it hangs at loading conversations)

only other thing i can think of is a factory reset?
notifications show up, all other apps work.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean that it doesn't load correctly? Does the phone just freeze? Are you also saying that Google Messenger won't work for your SMS messages either?

Which carrier do you have, and have you asked them about this?

merette

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
the default messaging doesn't fully load, yellow border 'messaging' at the top and blank elsewhere, like webpage that didn't finish loading. google's messaging seems to load correctly but hangs displaying 'loading conversations' on the background.
metro pcs, it was purchased this morning in store. they are closed for the holiday, and i usually have **** luck with their customer service so i figured to check some where on the net first.

to clarify it's my roommate's, i have a nexus 6 running a rom so i'm fairly comfortable with common troubleshooting.
i'm trying to avoid a reset even though i think it is what will fix the issue, lg prompted my roommate to transfer their data from their old phone(blu life pure) and i feel like that somehow messed something up. but i'm hoping there is something i'm missing.

merette

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
Have you already tried clearing the app cache/data for the Messaging app? I'd suggest also wiping the cache partition for the phone, but I'm not sure if that's possible on that phone.

Also, see if that happens in Safe Mode as well: Activate Safe Mode on your LG Stylo 2 | Boost Mobile

wasn't allowing to wipe for the app likely since its never fully loaded. yeah this phone has a convoluted menu, so i'm not sure if i can wipe the phones cache without installing custom recovery? i'll have to try the safe mode thing later when i convince my roommate to let me fuss at it more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781