I have set up Android Device Manager and it seems to locate my phone. The web page reports it's correct location and the Last Located time is current (and updated every time I refresh the location). However, when I try the Ring function the phone never rings. The web page indicates the request has been sent.

If the phone is reporting back to Android Device Manager, why would it not ring when I attempt that?
    07-04-2016 12:16 PM
    By the way, the phone is a Samsung Edge 6+.
    07-04-2016 12:26 PM
    I just tested mine and it worked right away. The ring tone I use is way louder than most would use. I've found most pre installed are to soft for the industrial work areas I work in. So I'm guessing one or more of the following: your ring tone may be on the soft side, white noise at your location could be covering it up, it could be covered up/closed up (my wife phone I've found laundry basket in closed laundry room, younger son under couch cushions, old son blankets in corner of his room). I love Android Device Manager but in my examples it wasn't the end all. Also remember GPS fix could be of by 30M so check outside and in cars.
    07-04-2016 12:38 PM
    Thanks for the response. I missed out one important detail - I am testing this and the phone is right next to me I can call it from a regular phone and it rings just fine.

The reason I am going through this is that my phone suddenly stopped working last night (off most of the time but occasionally works for a minute or two but with some large bars across it). I am looking to factory reset it before getting a replacement through insurance. As I understand, Android Device Manager offers this ("Erase") but before I do that I wanted to check it was accessible.

As I say, the strange thing is that the phone is reporting back, according to Android Device Manager. It resolutely refuses to ring though. Even beyond this particular phone, I want to get it working for any future phone I have.

I can't figure out why/how Android Device Manager can't get it ringing but calling it from a different phone works just fine, so it's very reachable in that context.

Thanks.
    07-04-2016 12:57 PM
    oh, ok... that's odd that it's not working. I have had no issues with it HTC Thunderbolt, Samsung S3, Note 2, Moto Droid Turbo, MXPE, and Nexus 6P.
    07-04-2016 09:11 PM
    Yep, my Note 4 on MM is doing the same thing. Says it's ringing, and it's not.
    11-29-2016 06:36 PM