Which is better: cloud or google contacts?

A

AC Question

I'm trying to eliminate duplicate information entered under my contacts. But I also want to make sure I can retrieve all of my contact information if I get a new phone, regardless of the wireless service providers. So should I save as a Google contact or a Cloud contact? What is the difference between the two? Pros and Cons?

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by a "Cloud contact". Usually contacts can either be saved to Google, locally on the phone, and sometimes on your SIM card. It sounds like you're signed into another service (like Samsung's or Verizon's or some other) that also syncs over the cloud.

My personal recommendation would be to save all your countacts as Google contacts. Then you can get to them on any device where you can log into google: any android phone, any computer, and I think even an iPhone (but I'm not 100% sure about that). The only reason you might not want to is if you're concerned about giving data to Google (personally, I am not, but other people might be).

Edit: By the way, I forgot to say Welcome to Android Central! This is the best and most helpful Android Community on the internet. I hope this works for you.

Last edited: