How To Turn Off Notification Reminder On Galaxy Note 5 (6.0.1 Android)

A

AC Question

Hi All !!
I have tried everything to turn off the Notification Reminders. It keeps going off and is driving me nuts. This is what I have done following the other threads I have read about this. Gone to Settings, Accessibility, Vision. There is nothing there about Notification Reminders. I found a mention of the Notification Reminder the first page into Accessibility (The one with Vision at the top). The Notification Reminder is about in the middle of the page. My phone says "Notification Reminder" and directly below it says "ON". There is NO SWITCH, button, etc to tap to turn it Off/On. If you tap it anyway it takes you to the "Notification Page" with the list of all the apps each with it's own Notification switch, AND a "Reminder interval Setting". Tap on that and you can choose 1, 3, 5, 10 or 15 minutes. There is no OFF/ON switch anywhere that I see.

There is an OFF/ON switch at the top of the page. I turned that off. That turns off/on the main notification for all the apps. When you turn it "OFF" it switches all the apps to "OFF" and grays out the Off/On switch for each individual app. So that switch is for the first (or main) notification, not the reminder one.

My phone started doing this a few weeks ago. I don't know exactly when, or what I did to the phone. It could have even been from an update. I have them on "Auto" so I don't know when I received the last one.

If I can't find out how to turn this pesky notification that keeps repeating my only choice left is to Reset the phone. HELP !!!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the The Welcome !!

Not sure... so far it's my email, and my texts (messages).
Is there a recurring reminder in either of those apps? I couldn't find anything on my Note 5, but it's not my daily driver, so anything I would need to look at can't be checked until later tonight.

smeyers120

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
I would say no as I have been through all the areas of the Settings to no avail. I did go through the email and text settings just now and came up empty handed again. Thanks for the help. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood