Hello all! Some time ago my nexus 5 started to have some issues with the microphone and a couple of days after it stopped working. I searched how people generally fix it because I have no warranty and I didn't want to spend much money giving someone to fix it or even get another phone. So what I did was I open the motherboard plastic protection and put a tape (a bit thick) right below the camera (above the battery) to make some pressure on the mic connection. I closed it, closed the phone, turned it on and the mic was working again. So far so good.
    Then I noticed that out of nowhere the screen went black and if I pressed the power button it would give only black light. After some research again I noticed that it wasn't the LCD problem because if I rebooted the phone (power button + volume down) it would work perfectly, but after some time it'd go black again. Sometimes it even makes weird colors, grey orange and some lines (like broken screen) and then goes full black.

I already factory reseted the phone but the poblem still persists. I wonder if it has something to do with the battery (maybe should get a new one) or with some hardware connections. What makes me think that isn't a hardware problem is because it always works during some time when I reboot it. But ofc im not 100% sure because it looks like this happened a little while after the mic fix.

I saw someone talking about memory cache wipe could fix this. I didn't try this yet because I dont have the phone right now, but I'll test that in like 1 hour. But then I ask, shouldn't factory reset clear cache memory?

I hope I explained everything well if you have any doubt please do ask. I'm just trying to know exactly what the problem is so I don't waste time and money fixing actually not problematic parts.

Thank you.
    07-08-2016 10:39 AM
    Clearing cache partition is slightly different to factory reset. It is in the same 'recovery' area of it. So you might as well do both if you were doing a factory reset. It could be issues with flex cable, which is a part of the digitizer anyway.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    07-08-2016 12:14 PM
    Hello zcoster ! Thanks for answering.
    I did the cache cleaning anyway but I don't believe that's the problem. I already joined the site and opened a thread with this issue on Nexus 5 forum.
    As I said there, another thing happened, I was just trying to reboot it to make the screen work again and it wasn't working. It started to give those weird colors, so I connected it to the charger, waited a bit, tried to reboot again and it worked. The screen is now temporarely on and working what makes me think even more that it could be battery's fault.
    07-08-2016 12:24 PM
    For the purpose of not having 2 locations to discuss the same issue, I'll leave here the link to the thread I made. http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...till-work.html
    Thank you
    07-08-2016 12:26 PM