My Whatsapp account keeps the message about doing back ups to a google drive account

A

AC Question

My Whatsapp account keeps showing a message about doing back ups to a google drive account but I dont have it set up for this. I have on my settings to never to any back ups.

Is it possible someone hacked my account and is the one backing up all my info? I understand is possible to Hack Whatsapp if someone gets access to my IMEI number.

Also if somebody did hack my account would it mirror in the other device anything I do in my app or what exactly would the other person see?

Please need some input with this matter as soon as possible, Thank you.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, no one has hacked your account. This is a feature that WhatsApp offers encase you need to uninstall the app, it'll restore your old messages. Within WhatsApp settings you'll be able to say "no" to the backup.

AC ask

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi, no one has hacked your account. This is a feature that WhatsApp offers encase you need to uninstall the app, it'll restore your old messages. Within WhatsApp settings you'll be able to say "no" to the backup.

Hi tall guy. I have already have the Whatsapp set up to never do any back ups since the app installation but this message keeps showing on screen.

In the case someone did hack my account, Would it mirror anything I do in the app from my cell phone on the other device?