My Phone Keeps Display Apps to Install

A

AC Question

I just bought a new LG Phoenix 2 phone, and after setting it up I keep getting popups that want me to install apps. Most of the apps are already on my phone. If this were a Windows PC, I'd swear it was malware. How do I make these popups stop?

DarrellAKitchen

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
I'm sure. There is one distinct mark about every one of these popups ... They carry the signature of AdChoices, with the little triangle that points to the right. One app that I'm constantly being prompted to install is Amazon Kindle. One of the apps I had already installed after I set up my phone because I have a lot of Kindle books. During the installation I started getting the popups to install Amazon Kindle, so I dismissed it. After Kindle was installed I immediately went to see if there were any updates, which there wasn't, and while looking for updates I was prompted again to install Kindle, so I dismissed that as well. While perusing one of my Kindle books I was again prompted to install Kindle ... dismissed that one too. So I quit Kindle and reboot the phone. After it rebooted and I was able to use the phone, I was immediately prompted to install Kindle. Then every popup after that was some other request to install an app on my phone. From games to virus checkers to storage sweepers to mortgage providers ...

How can I make this popup stop? Is it a simple matter of stop using Android-powered devices and going with Apple iOS-powered devices?

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I stopped the ads from spamming my phone by disabling everything associated with Google, except for Google Play Store and Google Play Services. Those two apps could not be disabled.
I'm glad that you solved your problem. But none of Google's apps SHOULD be giving you pop ups. It sound like something is up. I would recommend re-enabling each app one at a time (maybe enabled one every other day), and you should be able to figure out the specific app doing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae