why is my note 3 not compatible with google play services

A

AC Question

I had to factory reset my note 3 (N9005) for various reasons.
My snapchat was working fine before but now it says i have to update google play services, upon clicking that option, it takes me to the play store but it says "your device is not compatible with this version"
I did do some software updates on the phone too so im not sure if thats the case.
If someone could help, that would be great.
Thanks in advances

Ellhachtee

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
Sorry this isn't helpful but I'm having the same problem - my phone had to be repaired and has been restored to factory settings and now Google Play services won't update as it's not compatible with my device. Which means that hardly any apps on my phone will work as they need me to update Google Play services (YouTube, Gmail, Ebay). I'm getting really frustrated with it! Actually rang Google's helpdesk yesterday and they were like "oh it might sort itself out".

I've tried logging out, removing and re-adding my account, deleting Google Play, restarting my phone, clearing cache/data...none of it seems to work.

hardup

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
have the same problem.
For me, I purchased a second hand Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
I updated the factory software from 4.3 to Lollipop using the Samsung provided update using the Kies program.
Updated fine.
Problem, now installing apps such as Gmail, eBay, Gumtree, Hangouts is useless.
When trying to run these apps, they state that you need to update Google Play services to use the app.
So you press the update link, it opens Google Play, and the Google Play Services update these apps need to run, is stated to be "not compatible with your device"
I figured I would have to go and try to find older versions of the apps to use that won't be using the newer version of Google Play Services. ?

Help! This is my first Samsung, and this issue far from impresses me.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Google Play Services update trying to update to is Version 9.2.56

Fiddes79

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
hi,
I'm having the same problem, I've had my Galaxy note 3 SM-N9005 for over a year and have never had a problem with it, then a few days ago I started having problems with my sim card, I kept getting the message no sim card inserted , after a lot of searching for advice and not finding a lot, switching the phone off and on, removing battery etc. etc. I decided the best way forward was to do a factory reset, it hasn't solved the problem completely but it is much better! but since then I keep getting messages from various apps saying "wont run unless you update google play services" but when I click to update it from play store it says "your device isn't compatible with this version"
I've removed and reinstalled updates to play store but no luck
I have looked every where but can find nothing please help!!!
My provider is 3 mobile in england
many thanks

Johnny401

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I downloaded a previous version 8.7.03 and manually loaded. Seems ok at the moment.
Mine is a Galaxy note 3. Did a factory reset like others have done. Checked the version in App manager and it had version 7 something loaded. Went with 8.7.03 as I was wondering if its version 9 thats causing the issue?

Fiddes79

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
I downloaded a previous version 8.7.03 and manually loaded. Seems ok at the moment.
Mine is a Galaxy note 3. Did a factory reset like others have done. Checked the version in App manager and it had version 7 something loaded. Went with 8.7.03 as I was wondering if its version 9 thats causing the issue?

I'll give that ago, many thanks

simonmarshall63

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
Just had the same problem wit a factor reset. Tried all the Internet solutions with no luck. Finally decided to find the latest version of Google play services as a standalone apk. Go to gappsandroid website. Look for the icon that looks like a jigsaw piece and select it. There are a few versions depending on which version of Android your on. I'm using 5.0. So downloaded the 480ppi version for 5.0. Download and install it. Mines working fine now. Google play services 9.2.35.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci