chinese symbols pop up on phone when unlocking it.

A

AC Question

Whenever I unlock my phone, chinese symbols pop up in a little dialouge box on the bottom of my phone, and following the chinses characters it says, "258ms/ number: 10". Any ideas what to do?

ShoShot

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
Looks like this is becoming pretty widespread. We have another thread with screenshots and other users having the same prob; waiting on a reply. No AV catching it at the moment

Posted via the Android Central App

iongnil

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Thank you so much for posting a solution. This was driving me crazy and I was convinced I had installed malware somehow. I was going to factory reset my phone tonight. So thank you for saving me many hours of grief and hassle.

It's a pity ES File Explorer has become buggy as I've been using it for years and it was a great app and very useful.

gaamleinad

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for this! I've has ES File Explorer for years and across several phones. I can only assume that this has to do with the newer features that scan installs and such that has been added. Does anyone have a replacement solution?

IHatePopUps

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
Welcome. :)

Before Uninstalling, did you Clear Cache, Clear Data, and Force Stop?

Just now...after seeing your reply, I did clear cache, clear data, and force stop before I uninstalled ES...didn't work...right after I reinstalled FB App, (BTW I uninstalled FB App due to frustration on these 'Chinese Ads'.)...an Ad showed again at the bottom of my screen. Previously, some ads would cover almost my entire screen! Still looking for solution...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay