LG G4C - Cannot Format SD Card Unfortunately, the process com.android.settings has stopped

A

AC Question

Hello Guys,

I just bought a new LG G4c with android 6.0 and a new micro SD Card.
However, when I try to format my SD card from the phone, I get the following error:

Unfortunately, the process com.android.settings has stopped.

I have tried clearing the settings cache or other actions (via adb) but nothing worked!
The card was successfully formatted from another phone.

The same issue also arises when I try to move an application to my SD card.
Do you have any idea on how to fix this issue?

Thank you.

vancona

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Same problem.
Bought from Argos where they say it works with a 64GB MicroSD.
My one just works with a 16GB one but I still get the error when I try to move the application on the SD.

That's the answer by LG:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and I apologize for the delay in getting back to yourself, due to a high volume of incoming emails we currently have a small backlog which we are working to clear as quickly as possible.

I am afraid to say that the handset is only compatible for 32gb SD card that should work for you having had a look into this. So if you can try a smaller SD card it should work perfectly fine I have looked and can see that certain sites seem to be advising of larger capacity SD cards than that which is I am afraid to say incorrect. Some retailers seem to get their spec details directly from the G4 which is of course a different handset. My apologies about any inconvenience this has caused you.

I really do hope that I have been helpful today, if you do have a spare moment then I would appreciate if you can complete my short survey below which is based solely on my customer service. We appreciate any feedback you can provide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze