how can i change my device status ?

A

AC Question

hello everyone . I dont have any options left for my situation so i hope you guys can help me. I have note 3 neo dus and i wanted to root it with (king root)while it was rooting i stopped the rooting and it was like 60%. so then like i changed my mind i didnt want to root it and my phone version is 4.3 so after that the device status of my phone changed to custom so appearently i cant update my phone anymore because it is custom. When i try to update it says (your device has been modified. Software updates are not available). I asked lot of people and say back up and rest your phone it will work but i did that and nothing worked . So if you can help me ill appreciate it so much. Thank you.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
It is sheer madness to stop flashing a ROM part way or interrupt the root process. You are asking for problems. You need to find the exact firmware for your device and flash it using Odin

lifesinger

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
im just so confused and helpless i asked lot of people and no one knew how it can be fixed, and i just dont want to do something wrong to break the phone more than its broken. someone told me to upgrade my phone using kies that will help he said. what do you think ? and if i do emergency firmware recovery what worse thing that can happen ?

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
OK Kies will not update the phone. You have to get it working before you try using Kies to see if there are any updates. Emergency firmware recovery should get it working. If not get back to me. If you are confused I don't want to give you "information overload" so we'll take it step by step.