i was told, Unfortunately The Process Com.Android.Phone Has Stopped Error was a phone hardware issue, not software, is this really true? The phone needs to be replaced, the error can't be fixed. Is this an up-sell technique or true statement. My phone now doesn't work at all because of constant error message dialog box. Sprint rep said the Sharp Aquos Crystal model is the problem, not android software. Sprint personnel told me this, to buy another phone was the only option after a hard factory reset was performed (5) times and didn't remove the message from every screen. The phone was reset and apps reinstalled brand new, however the error message remains an wont let you move past any screen.

The main problem is once the device boots up you can see everything behind the error dialog box (new), however clicking anything is virtually impossible. The error reappears instantly not allowing for any input. Even the back arrow home icon and open apps are not accessible. Trying to speed tap the error message dialog box is pointless. I did tried about 30 - 50 taps to work around and it worked but took 20 minutes to reach settings menu.

I thought android meant software not hardware. Phone can be accessed by a laptop via USB cable and all looks file folders look ok. Nothing appears to be missing. Sprint was told the hard factory reset did not work to remove error message, they immediately suggested buying a new phone. This particular model has trouble and will fail again even if repaired. Google would seemingly be able to correct this, told otherwise by Sprint today...

These are the steps tried; factory data reset in Recovery mode
    1. phone was on, turned it off.
    2. Press and hold the Volume up button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.
    3. Press the Volume down button to select "Recovery mode."
    4. Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe data/factory reset" and press the Power button to select it.
    5. Scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data" and press the Power button to select it.

It Erased all of data, restarted with its factory settings. The Welcome screen popped up like the first time. However so did the error message. I reset a total of five times thinking a mistake was made. No mistakes. In speaking with a Sprint rep, he told me almost exclusively the phone model has this problem. sometimes a factory reset works but more than not the phone never works properly again. I spoke with him long enough and gave him enough details to show that i did nothing wrong in the procedures. We then discussed other phone models and mentioned Samsung and a few others have never had this problem. I said well this phone is new first generation he said i know. Then said the only option was to get another phone because he has seen this many times before.

After composing this post and waiting awhile, i noticed the message disappeared. So immediately i went to settings to perform the cache clear and force stop. All i got was a black screen. I restarted the phone and got the error message again. It really didn't work. The Screenshots show the status. The recovery mode image was found online, my recovery mode menu is newer and has a number behind the (3). After numerous taps i got to apps settings, 10 taps to error message, When i reached the phone settings I force stopped and cleared cache. The Sim toolkit was 0.0 because of the new install. Still nothing now only a black screen when tapping any icons.

This model debuts Dec. 2014,what a waste for such a new no bevel design. Some online forums say remove the battery to reset. With this phone you can not get to the battery without complete disassembly. This post research, long phone calls to sprint was an exercise in how to save money. Seeking an answer to prevent spending money for a phone. Ironically the phone still works or you can see that in the background, I will save no money or time, not good for some smartphone providers. Finally last but not least, while looking for a solution, if you notice you phone is off. I do believe the phone completely not working. I noticed the first night while plugged into the laptop running 5 hours later the phone was dead. While completing this post i went to check the phone to check and see if anything is working correctly and the phone was dead. The entire time it was plugged into a laptop usb to power the battery. when i unplugged it from the laptop and plugged it into the wall outlet, i noticed the red power light did not come on. This really leads me to believe this phone completely dies and the Unfortunately The Process Com.Android.Phone Has Stopped Error is the first and last symptom before the phone is probably no good. I will attempt to charge overnight and update here. Although design is great slimline no bevel edges the inner components seem to fail ahead of its time. The Sharp Aquos Crystal generation one seems to have a true life span of 1 year and 6 months. Not a good rating. The Sprint may be right it seems they know more than the general public and yet they continue to sell a knowingly defective smartphone....wonder why. The only definitive answer is get another phone.

These people below seem to have the same problem. A new phone is my solution...
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask...resetting.html
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sha...tal-phone.html

Model: Sharp Aquos Crystal
    Version: Android 4.4
    Attached Thumbnails is it true?Unfortunately The Process Com.Android.Phone Has Stopped is hardware issue-03_sim-toolkit-1.jpg   is it true?Unfortunately The Process Com.Android.Phone Has Stopped is hardware issue-04_filefolders.jpg   is it true?Unfortunately The Process Com.Android.Phone Has Stopped is hardware issue-05_filefolders.jpg   is it true?Unfortunately The Process Com.Android.Phone Has Stopped is hardware issue-06_filefolders.jpg   is it true?Unfortunately The Process Com.Android.Phone Has Stopped is hardware issue-01_screenshot_sharp-aquos-crystal.jpg  

is it true?Unfortunately The Process Com.Android.Phone Has Stopped is hardware issue-02_clear-cache-data.jpg  
    07-13-2016 08:23 PM
    I guess you're posting because it appears to be software and not hardware related. I really don't know if this is a hardware problem, but directly after the factory reset, without installing any apps, does the error show up? Did Sprint attempt to reflash the OS for you?

If it were me, and a factory reset didn't help, I would reflash the OS first before giving up on the phone.
    I guess you're posting because it appears to be software and not hardware related. I really don't know if this is a hardware problem, but directly after the factory reset, without installing any apps, does the error show up? Did Sprint attempt to reflash the OS for you?

If it were me, and a factory reset didn't help, I would reflash the OS first before giving up on the phone.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-13-2016 09:28 PM
    I'm inclined to agree that is is a problem with the OS. Did you get a recent OS update?
    07-13-2016 09:46 PM
    I am posting seeking help from a good community. I thought a message would be a software issue. The Sprint rep alluded to hardware. I thought hardware bad after 1 1/2 years nope. After the complete factory reset, no apps yes the error message was first an foremost. Sprint did nothing! I don't know how to re flash or where to find the software. Thanks you good advice and commentary, it really helped.
    07-14-2016 01:29 AM
    No new updates or installs as of 2 days ago, when this message appeared. By working with this phone the last 2 days and watching. I think it turns out the total hardware is just bad. When the Sprint guy said I have heard of this error many times its not new for this phone model, it shocked me, but he knew something the average shopper doesn't. Thank you.
    07-14-2016 01:32 AM
    don't know how to re flash or where to find the software.
    Have you spoken to Sprint to ask if they can reflash the phone for you?

It's possible it's hardware, but I find it very strange as there are so many instances of this same error throughout many models and manufactures of android phones. It's not just your phone and the Sprint guy making it seem like your model has a hardware failure seems suspicious to me. My firm belief is that its software related, but that's just me (and Golfdriver97!).

Many people seem to have good luck in getting rid of the error by clearing cache/data in the "contacts storage" app in settings. Even turning off Automatic time zone cleared this same error on a Karbonn phone... see video at the end of the thread. I can even cause this error to appear on my Note 10.1 2014 tablet by turning off my phone app and contacts storage app (if I recall) using the Debloater program written for Samsung devices.

Have you or Sprint tried starting the phone in Safe mode? If you can successfully get into Safe mode, you might be able to clear cache/data in contacts storage and perhaps the phone/dialer app if possible. Note that some factory resets do not wipe "all" data, so it's possible some data could still be there messing something up.

You listed the phone name, but not the model number. THIS is a page from Sharp's website on how to start phones without a hardware menu button in Safe mode. And THIS page is for phones with a hardware menu button. Try following one of them to see if you can get into Safe mode and proceed to at least operate the phone enough to start some troubleshooting. It's a long shot, but still worth a try.

Lastly, in reference to reflashing, if you list your model number I can't help you search out how to do it. I would prefer if Sprint does it, but if they won't, then there's no choice. I do believe I remember something about Sharp having a way to do it on their website, or through calling their support, or something. It's vague in my mind right now.
    07-14-2016 04:54 AM
    I think nahoku is on the right track. When he made mention of a couple those fixes, that triggered a flicker of a memory. I don't recall much of those either, but I do know it wasn't that widespread as the forums didn't get flooded with the same issue.

It may be possible that it is hardware...but there is only one component that would fail to make me think that, and that would be the RAM. Since other apps don't seem to be having an issue, I don't think this is the case. If it were any other hardware component, there would be many other issues that would point to it, say the screen has issues, charging, storage problems....etc.

The message you showed is common for a software problem. I've seen similar ones to different app problems. Did you try modifying the device, as in trying to root it?

You could try installing a different phone app, but I don't think that will help much.
    07-14-2016 07:21 PM