My own wifi has difficulty connecting and drains battery (no other wifis do that).

A

AC Question

So, I have a weird issue and google hasn't been my friend.

I have an LG Gflex 2. Under normal conditions and use, the battery can last up to a day and a half. However, when I am connected to my own wifi, the battery often (i.e. half the times) will drain really fast, even if I'm not doing anything.

More details:
1) I have problems connecting my LG to my wifi (no other wireless devices seem to have that problem. It keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and sometimes it's connected but has no internet.

2) My LG drains very little battery (or at least it drains a normal amount) when I use data.

3) My LG has no problems connecting with other wifis. It drains normal battery then (though a bit more than when I have data on).

I really have no idea what gives. Any help?

ctleng76

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I also notice quick battery drain when connected to a sketchy wifi network. I believe the wifi radio uses more energy when trying to maintain a poor connection. The same goes for connections to your carrier network. If you are in a remote area where the signal is weak, your phone boosts its power to try and maintain a connection. Since this only happens at your home, you may want to look into replacing your router or maybe placing it in a better location in your home.

Posted via the Android Central App

McFortinbras

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
OP here: Posting this in case anyone finds this question on google. The problem was indeed with the wifi network. I went into the settings in the router, downgraded to use older wifi technology (801.11g) and now everything works great.